Saturday, June 18, 2005

Lucid ?


I had a dream last night.

There was some kind of party at our new apartment. Too many people. Slug desis, Delhi-ki junta, Burnpur-er kaku-kakimara. My roomie was sleeping with two pillows on his head to keep out the noise. People were sitting on the floor, eating out of green leaves. Too many people. I remember seeing the usual people running around worried about things. Nobody was drinking. There was a lot of noise, though.

I was following Dimma, she was running frantically, looking for somebody. I don't know for how long. Then she stopped. I saw Dadu sitting somewhere ahead, wet with perspiration, desperate look on his face. His face lit up when he saw Dimma. They said something about looking for each other for an hour, and that it was getting late. They decided to go without eating.

I think Baba and Ma were fighting again. Ma was crying a bit.

I don't remember much else. Except the last part.

I woke up from my dream. I was so tired, I could not move. I tried to get up. I could not. I tried turning on my side, I thought I managed that, but I couldn't get up. I could see my new room, and I could tell that I was turning because the view of the room shifted as I turned. Yet I tried and tried for minutes without being able to get up. I was feeling so heavy. The familiar feel of my muscles stretching, all parts moving as they should to lead up to my getting up, everything was there - yet I couldn't finish the act - I tried and tried - no use - I was *stuck* to the bed, forever...



Then I woke up from my dream a second time. I tried to get up, and could.